What 5 Words Best Describe You
One of the challenges in your pageant interview is to convey to the judges in a very short period of time; who you are, what you stand for and what kind of representative you would be. A common interview question is, “What 5 words best describe you?” Whether you get asked that question or not, it helps to know what qualities you want the judges to remember about you.
When choosing these adjectives, try to represent different aspects of your personality. Show them something about what kinds of activities you like to engage in whether it be sports, outdoor adventures, or artistic endeavors. Show them words about your ability to lead well and be a problem solver. Identify qualities that make you a people person and a giver. I want you to paint a picture for me with these five words that help me as a judge tie you up in a little bow and say, “I totally get who this girl is.”
If you don’t have a precise vision of the image you seek to project, the judges will never understand it for themselves. Here is a list of adjectives to help you narrow it down. Feel free to add words to this list.
- good work ethic
- media savvy
- community minded
- team player
- with integrity
- social consciousness
- easy going
INTERVIEW TIP: Never apologize for yourself. Always answer in a confident and direct tone. The judges will not give you the job if they don’t trust you. So, know who you are, love yourself, and be comfortable in your own skin.
Become a VIP Girl!
- Private Coaching from The Pageant Planet
- Unlimited Q&A
- Unlimited Mock Interviews
- We Help You Choose Your Wardrobe
- Let Us Proof Your Paperwork
Click for Details
About Amanda Beagle
Singer: Life & Pageant Coach: Miss Ohio 2004: Voice Teacher: Motivator: Foodie: World traveler: Writer View all posts by Amanda Beagle →
You KNOW You Want to Say Something
Leave a Reply
Search for Pageant Tips
Today's Most Popular Tips
- 2013 Best Hairstyles in Pageantry
- Best Pageant Headshots 2013
- Best Pageant Dresses 2013 for Teens
- How to Get Wavy Hair Like Miss Earth 2013
- Happy Birthday, Johnathan Kayne!
- Top 6 Best Soaps for Moisturizing Your Skin
- Top 100 Pageant Gowns of 2013
- The Best Way to Research Your Pageant Judges
- The Swimsuit Walk That Will Get You the Crown
- Top 8 Pageant Selfies of 2013