What 5 Words Best Describe You
One of the challenges in your pageant interview is to convey to the judges in a very short period of time; who you are, what you stand for and what kind of representative you would be. A common interview question is, “What 5 words best describe you?” Whether you get asked that question or not, it helps to know what qualities you want the judges to remember about you.
When choosing these adjectives, try to represent different aspects of your personality. Show them something about what kinds of activities you like to engage in whether it be sports, outdoor adventures, or artistic endeavors. Show them words about your ability to lead well and be a problem solver. Identify qualities that make you a people person and a giver. I want you to paint a picture for me with these five words that help me as a judge tie you up in a little bow and say, “I totally get who this girl is.”
If you don’t have a precise vision of the image you seek to project, the judges will never understand it for themselves. Here is a list of adjectives to help you narrow it down. Feel free to add words to this list.
- good work ethic
- media savvy
- community minded
- team player
- with integrity
- social consciousness
- easy going
INTERVIEW TIP: Never apologize for yourself. Always answer in a confident and direct tone. The judges will not give you the job if they don’t trust you. So, know who you are, love yourself, and be comfortable in your own skin.
Become a VIP Girl!
- Private Coaching from The Pageant Planet
- Unlimited Q&A
- Unlimited Mock Interviews
- We Help You Choose Your Wardrobe
- Let Us Proof Your Paperwork
Click for Details
About Amanda Beagle
Singer: Life & Pageant Coach: Miss Ohio 2004: Voice Teacher: Motivator: Foodie: World traveler: Writer View all posts by Amanda Beagle →
You KNOW You Want to Say Something
Leave a Reply
Search for Pageant Coaching Tips
Today's Most Popular Tips
- Why Cardio Workouts Alone Will Not Cut It When Prepping For Swimsuit
- Miss New Jersey Sweetheart 2014: HIT or MISS?
- Pageant Question Of The Day
- Confessions of a Pageant Director: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- The BEST Hot Rollers For Your Hair Type
- Miss Maryland Sweetheart 2014: HIT or MISS?
- What to Do After You Give Up Your Title
- Sample Teen Pageant Questions
- 7 Best Ideas for Pageant Talent
- 5 Ways to be an Exemplary Titleholder