Most girls go to the salon for a blowout, spending money and time to achieve the look. Here is a way to achieve a blowout at home, in record time and while preserving hair health.
Steps to the Perfect Pageant Hair Blowout
1. Let your hair partially air-dry. You do not need to start blow-drying your hair immediately after you are out of the shower – instead, your hair should be evenly damp. I highly recommend letting your hair air-dry partially if you style your hair with heat often for health as well. If you are prone to frizz, apply a light amount of anti-frizz product such as John Frieda’s Frizz-Ease to wet hair while letting it air-dry.
2. Use the right styling products to improve blow-drying time. Use a styling product that will reduce the amount of styling time. Rub the product evenly between your palms, run it through your hair and comb it through to distribute evenly. I also recommend using a heat protectant spray in order to maintain hair health.
3. Section the hair. Using clips to section your hair makes the process more efficient so you focus on a specific area to dry and do not have to worry about it once you have finished. I recommend Croc Hair Clips. You can section the hair into five sections: upper right, upper left, crown (top back of head), bottom right and bottom left.
4. Use a high-powered blow dryer. Using a quality ionic blow-dryer will help reduce styling time, which means less damage.
5. Use the temperature settings properly. Start off by blow-drying the hair on a medium-heat setting. Once the hair is almost dried, switch the heat setting to its hottest level for one or two blasts. Once the hair is dry, seal the cuticle with the cool setting in order to lock in the style and prevent frizz.
Now you know how to achieve a beautiful blowout at home with minimal damage upon your hair and without a lot of time or a professional salon stylist! A blowout is essential for a beauty queen who wants hair worthy of a crown.