A Quick Guide to Makeup for Pageant Photographs
As a titleholder you will be subject to tons of photos to show case who you are. You will be used as promotion for the system, family photos, and head shots In some cases you will be forced to take matters into your own hands and do your own makeup. Depending on the type of photograph your focus will be on different things. Here is a quick cheat sheet for picture perfect makeup!
Black and White Photography
The key to looking like a queen in black and white photos is defining your features. You will need precise application of eye and lip liner to show off your best features. You will want to avoid shimmery shades on the eyes and for the love of all things glittery, don’t use bronzer! While the gift of contouring is an amazing thing the bronzer just looks dirty in these photos. A key thing to remember is less is more. Smooth out your skin and conceal any imperfections. Be sure to use a brightening concealer under the eyes and blend perfectly. Don’t go overboard with color or foundation though, as you’re not going to see it in the end results. The makeup for black and white photos is heavily dependent on the lighting, the brighter or harsher the light, the more coverage you will need.
In these photos it is all about finding your perfect match. Foundation needs to blend flawlessly into skin to avoid a pancake line. Never use translucent powder, it will look like a mask, opt for warm shades. Don’t overdo powder! In close up photography it is imperative to follow this tip, powder will draw attention to any peach hair you may have! Skin needs to have an even but flawless texture. Don’t shy away from color but don’t overdo it either, find the perfect balance that flatters you.
Makeup for photography is a tricky thing but it doesn’t have to be! A titleholder has so many pictures from her year, make them look as beautiful as can be.
Become a VIP Girl!
- Private Coaching from The Pageant Planet
- Unlimited Q&A
- Unlimited Mock Interviews
- We Help You Choose Your Wardrobe
- Let Us Proof Your Paperwork
Click for Details
About Catherine Russomanno
You KNOW You Want to Say Something
2 Responses to “A Quick Guide to Makeup for Pageant Photographs”
Leave a Reply
Search for Pageant Coaching Tips
Today's Most Popular Tips
- Miss Kentucky Teen USA 2014 Gown: HIT or MISS?
- Pageant Sponsorship Letter Template
- Miss Virginia 2014: HIT or MISS?
- 4 Tips to Maintaining Your Pageant Weave
- The BEST Hot Rollers For Your Hair Type
- 3 Lessons We Can Learn From #Showmeyourpump
- 6 Things Pageant Staff Want You To Know About Your Attitude
- Miss North Carolina Teen USA 2014 Evening Gown: HIT or MISS?
- Pageant Question Of The Day
- 2013 Best Hairstyles in Pageantry